People Counting Systems
Why use People Counting technology?
To make effective business decisions, you need good intelligence – and that’s what our systems provide. Accurate and repeatable footfall measurements allows you to understand fully how your business works and will allow you to plan effectively. We’re experts in these systems and have fitted them in many locations. We’d love to speak to you about how a proper counting system can benefit your business.
Getting a system up and running requires proper knowhow – here’s how we do it:
- Overhead closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera tracks people’s movements.
- Camera connects to a Video Turnstile people counter which accurately detects and records entries, exits, queues and waiting times.
- People counters stream video and data to the PC over Wi-Fi, Internet, IP, Ethernet, RS485 or RS232.
- Counts can be sent directly to a live sales (POS) database.
- Wide entrances and areas are handled by linking several cameras across the ceiling.
- People are counted as they cross through a zone of the picture and exit up, down, left or right depending on your settings.
- During setup you can watch the video and see exactly what the system is counting thus verifying the counts.
- Log on and remotely control and configure the units from any internet-enabled computer in the world
- Replay counting videos for off-site commissioning
- Choose the time period over which counts are measured: every hour or every 5 minutes for example.
- Change settings in software to optimise the count accuracy, for each door if necessary, for example
- Deal with shadows and poor light
- Set for crowd counting
- Increase the sensitivity of the people detection
To learn more about what we do, why not see how see we use this technology?