Reseller Alliance Partnership
Bandwidth Telecommunications have formed a Reseller Alliance Partnership with Danish Company Blip Systems, suppliers of Bluetooth and Wi-Fi Traffic and people Management Solutions.
Bandwidth’s ‘BlipTrack’ provides important information on the flow of people and vehicles. This is useful for city planners, shop associations, rail and transport authorities.
Data collected provides information such as:
- Origin of shopping journey.
- Parking locations.
- Amount of people using a specific area.
- Time spent in each area.
- Most popular routes.
- Peak hours during the day.
Across the world, cities and roads are becoming more and more congested increasing the need for innovative solutions to ease traffic congestion.
Reliable data is required to analyse traffic flow and driver behaviour this can be provided with BlipTrack.
How It Works
Bandwidth place ‘BlipTrack’ sensors in key points on road networks. By tracking Bluetooth and WiFi devices such as mobile phones and hands free kits in cars, it is possible to measure flow and calculate travel times between two points.
When compared with other traffic collection technologies, ‘BlipTrack’ has many additional advantages such as:
- Roadside installation is simple and fast with no disruption to traffic.
- Sensors require no maintenance.
- Works in all harsh weather conditions such as snow, rain and fog.
- Bluetooth and Wi-Fi working together results in higher detection rates.
- Measurement of Bumper to bumper traffic.
- Ability to measure in multiple directions simultaneously.
- Detection of congestion and congestion patterns by measuring travel times.
- Road sign information can be provided.